Basic Whole30 Homemade Mayo – the ultimate staple to have in your fridge!!
This Basic Whole30 Homemade Mayo is a must-have in your fridge, you guys!
I can honestly say that, like make homemade ranch, I will never go back to store-bought mayo. Homemade is so much better. The taste is cleaner and lighter, not so heavy. And it quite literally takes about 5 minutes to make. I now constantly have a jar of it in my fridge. I typically use it for my go-to tuna salad (which is just mayo, yellow mustard, tuna, olives and celery) or some deviled eggs (recipe coming soon!), but there are SO many other uses for it. I am currently testing out a Whole30 horseradish sauce and some other creamy sauces to share with you guys, and this is almost always at the heart of those creamy recipes.
So, if you haven’t ventured out and made your own mayo yet – do it! I cannot recommend it enough. I just love know exactly what went into my mayo and that there is no added sugar. Because…. why would there be sugar in my mayo???
That’s all for me tonight – hope you guys are having an awesome week!
- ¾ cup extra light olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ Teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in wide mouth mason jar.
- Take your immersion blender and place at the bottom of the jar.
- Blend on high.
- Don't start moving blender up and down until the mixture starts to emulsify and then start moving blender around to incorporate everything.
- Blend until fully incorporated.
- Store in fridge in airtight container for up to 1 week.
Recipe is slightly adapted from WholeSisters.