The “How Big is 100,000” saga continues with my first week-end update and some more background on where I have come from and what my monthly goals look like.
So, it has been about a week since I took the plunge and proclaimed my goal to be up to 100,000 monthly page views by end of December 2017. Let’s travel back a bit so you guys can get a better where this all began ….
- November 2015: It is my first full month on the blog; I have a whopping 129 page views (I am certain that probably consisted of my immediate family members and that’s about it).
- December 2015: Not doing a lot better, 127 page views.
- January 2015: Holding steady at 131 page views, but this is the month that I discovered Foodgawker. Pretty sure my first 25 submissions were rejected, but that only fueled my competitive spirit. I was pretty determined to get one accepted.
- February 2015: First Foodgawker submission accepted and I am freaking out with excitement. I had 130 page views in one day! That was more than I had in total in the 3 previous months. My month-end was 443 page views. Holy crap.
- March 2015: 751 page views.
- April 2015: 732 page views.
- May 2015: 967 page views.
- June 2015: 1231 page views. I finally got over 1,000 page views in a month. Pretty sure we popped some champagne to celebrate! This is also when I started looking back and figuring out that I had been increasing by about 30% (in the months I was actually increasing). I threw some numbers down on a little piece of paper and wrote the following goals for myself:
December: (I didn’t set a goal for myself in December as it was nearly impossible to keep up with my normal posting schedule through the holidays)
I met every single goal (other than February, which remains to be seen). Inevitably, at the beginning of every month, I would wonder how in the heck I was every going to come close to my goal?! That 30% kept getting bigger and bigger….
YOU SAY I DREAM TOO BIG
I SAY YOU THINK TOO SMALL.
So, here we are in February. My goal is 7,724. The month has been going pretty well so far. I just calculated it this morning and I am about 150 behind where I should be. I have had 200 or more page views every day so far (I probably just jinxed myself by saying that…), but I also haven’t really had a huge day either. Pretty steady. So, right now I am cautiously optimistic, but that could change……
So, where are we headed?
Am I crazy… don’t answer that. Is this realistic…. I have no idea. But, this is how I operate. I love goals and the challenge of meeting them. Even if they are self-inflicted.
Alright, well there you have it. The numbers in black and white. I will try and do a brief weekly update to keep you in-the-know as far as how things are looking and then a more in-depth month-end update as well to let you know if I actually did it or not…..
Oh, and if you are wondering, here is the link to my first post in this series.
And, because I think it would be mean not too, here is a link to the delicious chocolate sorbet recipe, pictured above.
Back at it! Thanks for the support, guys!!!