Creamy Dairy Free Coconut Sour Cream – for when you just can’t go without that sour cream flavor! (Whole30/Paleo/Vegan)
This Creamy Dairy Free Coconut Sour Cream is the perfect addition to your fridge! Light, creamy and Whole30 compliant!
Let’s face it, sometimes you just need a dollop of a little sour cream – I am thinking of you baked potato! But, being dairy-free, there aren’t TOO many options out there and even less that are also Whole30 compliant. So, I thought I would do a little experimentation with some lemon juice (for the sourness) and some coconut cream (for the creaminess). I was blown away – this simple little mixture is going to come in handy!
Now, let’s be real, it is made with coconut cream so there is going to be an underlying hint of coconut – It’s not overwhelming by any means, but I don’t want you all thinking this tastes the EXACT same as a container of real sour cream – but hey, it is pretty darn close, its delicious and is made with real food/real ingredients (that are dairy-free).
Hope you have a great start to your week!
- ¾ cup coconut cream (I used Thai Kitchen organic/full fat - sometimes other brands have a grainy texture)
- 1½ Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ Teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- Combine ingredients in small mixing bowl.
- Taste and add additional lemon juice to make it even more "sour" or additional pinch or two of salt to round out the flavors.