Creamy Roasted Cinnamon Cashew Butter – so easy to make at home! (Whole30/Paleo)
This Creamy Roasted Cinnamon Cashew Butter is so delicious – you will wonder why you ever ate store-bought!
I tend to stay up fairly late (working on blog posts like this 🙂 ) and I always get a little hungry – I really go with one of two things (whether I am doing a Whole30 or not). It’s either apples and almond butter or bone broth with avocado. Those are my go-to’s.
But I have always eaten store-bought almond butter, which is totally delicious (some of my favorite brands are Justin’s Nut Butter and Barney Butter Almond Butter). But I wanted to experiment the other weekend and just see if homemade came anywhere close …. you guys it was amazing. I vow to only eat warm and delicious cashew butter from now on. And, if you aren’t doing a Whole30 and feel like adding a drop of almond extract or coconut extract to liven it up even more.
I used cashews instead of almonds mainly because I wanted the resulting butter to be as creamy as possible and, since it was my first time making it on my own, I thought it would be a little easier to break down into a butter. But you can use almonds if you want, it just might take longer to process.
- 3.5 cups raw cashews
- 1½ Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- Place cashews on cookie sheet and roast in oven at 375 for 10 minutes
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- Pour cashews into food processor.
- Add cinnamon, salt and coconut oil.
- Blend for approximately 8-10 minutes, stopping every couple minutes to scrap down the sides, or until you reach a creamy texture.
- Place in airtight container.
- Can be stored on counter for 3 days or so; longer than that and I would recommend keep in refrigerator.