Dairy Free Basil Pesto – a quick and easy pesto that is dairy-free and Whole30!
This Dairy Free Basil Pesto is absolutely perfect for the beginning of spring, you guys! Can’t wait for you to try it!
I am always looking for and trying to create new and fun dairy free recipe and this one has got to be one of my favorites. I have always loved pesto, but as you know, it typically has cheese in it. So I am so excited to make a version that I can actually eat! And I really can’t believe how delicious pesto can be without the cheese – I couldn’t even tell the difference!
This will also be the perfect recipe for Whole30! Throw it on some chicken, flank steak, maybe in some cod – and it would be perfect for freezing! Make a double or triple batch and divide it up into small mason jars and toss them in the freezer. But, if you aren’t doing a Whole30 and want to get a little creative, I highly recommend making some homemade pasta to have with your fresh batch of pesto!
As always, I like to encourage you guys to take the reins and figure out what YOU like and tailor the recipe accordingly! After you follow the recipe, always taste and figure out what YOU need more of! For example, if you like really thick pesto, then don’t add any additional olive oil. If you want it thinner, then go ahead and add a bit more. Same goes with the salt. I love giving you guys options in my recipes so that you can make it how you love it!
- 1.5 - 2 cups packed basil leaves
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ Teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine basil, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice and kosher salt into small food processor.
- Start food processor and slowly add olive oil.
- Once olive oil is completely incorporated, stop food processor and taste pesto.
- Add additional salt, olive oil or pine nuts as desired.
- (feel free to serve with some pasta along with some sautéed mushrooms and a soft-boiled egg)