Fresh Homemade Guacamole with Tomatoes, Onions and Garlic
Summer = guacamole ….. right?!
Homemade guacamole is honestly one of my favorite things to make in the entire world. I love avocados (duh) and the just love building the flavors and tasting them as they come together, trying to find that perfect combination of chunky avocado, light and crisp tomatoes, a bite of garlic and onion, and then the lime and salt …. and lots of cilantro. Everyone has a personal preference as to how those flavors come together, but thats what I love about it. Taste as you go and adjust accordingly!
As I have steered my diet towards a more Whole30 approach, I have found that my food freedom completely and totally includes chips and salsa, but not just any chips. I can handle some organic blue corn chips, but my favorite is the Siete brand of chips (here is a link to may favorite Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips,
Lime is my favorite flavor, but they are honestly all really good and do not give me an upset stomach at all! I highly recommend!
Hope you guys had a lovely week!
- 4 large avocados, cubed
- 2 Teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ cup diced purple onion (yellow onion works too)
- Juice of 2-3 limes
- ¾ - 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped and loosely packed
- ½ jalapeño, remove seeds, finely minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cubed (optional)
- Cube all 4 avocados into medium bowl; Mash really well with fork.
- Add onion, garlic, lime juice, salt and cilantro; mix to taste.
- Add tomatoes if desired and any additional salt or lime juice to taste.