I just going to go ahead and say “you are welcome” for this recipe – the next time you are scrambling to come up with a simple, yet kick-ass side dish to bring to your next cookout, just pull this little ditty out of your pocket and wow your fellow cook-out-ers. It is simple, it is tasty and it is easy to make. Winner, winner, winner.
My mom has been making this since before I can remember. It is always a toss-up between this and the Fresh Lemon Pasta Salad – which one should I make…. they are both so good!
There is something about the combination of the multi-colored fusilli noodles, the two different olives, the burst of flavor from the tomatoes, the crunch of the cucumber and then the Italian dressing the McCormick Salad Supreme seasoning (which is the secret ingredient). Everything about this salad is just good. Make it – you will love it.
- 1 box multi-colored fusilli pasta, cooked al dente and immediately rinsed in cold water and drained.
- 1 regular size Italian salad dressing
- 1 2.6 oz container of McCormick Perfect Pinch - Salad Supreme seasoning
- ½ can large black olives, pitted (approx. 20 olives, sliced into 2-3 slices each)
- ½ small jar green olives (approx. 20 olives, sliced into 2-3 slices each)
- ½ medium cucumber, diced
- 1 large beefsteak or 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Place cooked (al dente) pasta into large bowl.
- Add black olives, green olives, cucumber and tomatoes.
- Pour approx. ⅔ of the bottle of Italian dressing over pasta.
- Add approx 3-4 Tablespoons of the Salad Supreme seasoning.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Taste and add additional Salad Supreme and Italian dressing until desired taste and consistency is reached.
- Feel free to add additional olives (black or green), tomatoes or cucumber as desired.
- Can be served immediately, but does taste better after sitting a day in fridge.
- If served the next day, take remaining Italian dressing and pour enough over salad to reach desired consistency as the pasta will continually soak up the dressing.
Note: This post includes affiliate links. I only post affiliate links to products that I have tried and use myself.