Light and fluffy Cardamom Cheesecake + Cinnamon, Vanilla and Caramel is the perfect dessert for any occasion (but especially the holidays!) – light and airy, not too filling, but oh-so decadent!
Okay – I know you are still recovering from your Thanksgiving indulgences, but I just had to throw this beautiful and delicious cheesecake out there for your consideration. I am not suggesting we all go out and make this tonight, but let’s be honest, there isn’t much lag time following Turkey Day until we are all planning our Christmas festivities. I have a unique, festive cheesecake that is light, airy and absolutely delicious that will wow at your Christmas get-to-gethers, pot-lucks and cocktail parties!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, surrounded by those you love, cherishing the time to cut back on work and other distractions and just focus on those things that really matter. We got out of the city, spent time away from our computers, blogs and work email and instead got to enjoy and stress over silly things like getting the turkey done on time, keeping the kiddos out of the kitchen so we can coordinate every dish being done at the same time for Thanksgiving dinner and reading extra books at bedtime accompanied with extra snuggles, movie nights and dance parties. The things we really should be worrying about – right? The things that, when it comes down to it, really matter at the end of the day. Spreading love, light and happiness and truly enjoying the moments we are in with those we love – whenever and however we get those moments.
Spread love through words, actions …. and even food – enter Light and Fluffy Cardamom Cheesecake….
Loving Cardamom as much as I am this holiday season? Then try our Stuffed Apples + Cardamom Whipped Cream!
Like the photography boards? Check out our Etsy Shop!
- 50-55 Nilla Wafers (Finely crushed)
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 package cool whip
- 1½ Teaspoon Cardamom
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1¾ Teaspoon cinnamon
- Caramel sauce
- Roasted Peanuts
- Combine crushed Nilla wafers and melted butter.
- Press into a springform pan (preferably) or other pie pan (spray with non-stick first).
- Bake crust at 350 for 15 minutes or until it starts to brown and then place in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, softened cream cheese, cardamom, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Gently fold in Cool Whip.
- Pour filling into cooled crust.
- Place in fridge and let cool for at least 2-3 hours, but preferably overnight.
- For serving, drizzle with caramel sauce and roasted peanuts.