The Raw Kale Summer Salad is a fresh mix of beets, edamame, carrots, pumpkin seeds topped with goat cheese and a unique honey vinaigrette.
If you guys are looking for a fresh, new salad for the summer – I got what you need. This little ditty is a powerhouse of flavor, nutrients AND protein. I mean…. you can’t go wrong with this. This salad will probably change your life – I’m just sayin.
Just look at this baby – it is so flippin bright and beautiful! The raw beets and carrots are firm and flavorful, the edamame adds some protein and a pop of flavor, the pumpkin seeds throw in a nutty flavor and the kale is jam-packed with nutrients. You gotta add the goat cheese, which always pairs well with beets, and is rich and creamy. I was inspired by my Roasted Beets + Salt and Honey to make a honey vinaigrette. Kind of a risk… I know. But I was pretty pumped to love the way it turned out – exactly as I hoped it would. It really makes this salad and stand-out.
Sidebar: currently watching Kerri Walsh dominate beach volleyball (which is why it is taking me 3x as long to finish this). Mom of 3 and turning 38 in a few days….. she is beyond amazing. Undefeated in Olympic competition and still going strong. I just can’t. She is officially my celebrity crush.
End sidebar and focusing back on the delicious salad…. I could list out all of the health benefits of this thing, but I think it would take me too long and I would lose your interest. Instead – here are some beautiful pics 🙂
- ½ cup tightly packed kale
- ½ cup roasted/salted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup tightly packed carrot shavings (use vegetable peeler)
- ½ cup edamame
- ½-1 cup beets (peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 oz goat cheese (crumbled or soft)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon white vinegar
- pinch of salt
- In good-sized bowl add kale, edamame, beets, carrots, pumpkin seeds and goat cheese.
- In smaller bowl, add honey, olive oil, white vinegar and a pinch of salt - whisk.
- Serve salad with vinaigrette on the side .... and maybe some extra cheese just in case people want more.