Simple Apple Wedge + Basil, Prosciutto and Blue Cheese with Pear-Infused White Balsamic Glaze is the simple and elegant appetizer you are looking for this holiday season!
We all know we are going to be invited to some sort of holiday party, if nothing else your office party, and you will be expected to bring the obligatory app. Don’t settle for the same old same old. Don’t do it! Instead, impress your fellow co-workers, friends, family, etc. and show up touting these – Simple Apple Wedges + Basil, Prosciutto and Blue Cheese. Probably the simplest recipe ever, yet light, fresh and delicious. This is your new go-to.
First of all, apples and cheese just kind of go together. They compliment each other with the crispness of the apple and the softness of the cheese. Add a honeycrisp apple, which is so wonderfully sweet, together with blue cheese, with it’s wonderfully strong flavor – it is a match made in heaven. Pair this combo with some basil and savory prosciutto and you can’t lose. You will win. every. time.
I sweetened the deal and made some balsamic glaze, but instead of using your typical balsamic vinegar, I tried a Pear-Infused White Balsamic and followed the same instructions. It was the perfect compliment. That being said, don’t sweat it if you don’t do it. Glaze or no glaze, this is still going to be the most popular appetizer at your party.
I wanted a recipe that I knew would be light, easy to make and yet guests would drool over. I have to tell you, I tried this one out at Thanksgiving…… everyone loved it. It took a few minutes to make (this time I didn’t serve a glaze on top) and it disappeared as fast as I could put them down. It is the perfect combination of flavors and textures.
Like our photography boards? Check out our Etsy Shop!
- 1 honeycrisp apple (cut into flat, ½ inch slices)
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Prosciutto (quarter each slice of prosciutto and then fold each quarter into thirds)
- 8-10 oz blue cheese (get the good stuff)
- Baslamic glaze, white balsamic glaze or honey - optional
- On each apple place on small basil leaf (or rip a large leaf into smaller chunks), a piece of folded prosciutto, and then a healthy-sized chunk of blue cheese.
- Lightly drizzle with a glaze or honey, if desired.