This salad is simple, healthy and perfect for a quick weeknight meal!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts or 4 boneless chicken thighs (organic is preferred, but just good’ole regular chicken will work)
- 1 Tablespoon (plus additional) of ghee (if you don’t have ghee, I have used butter before and it works fairly well. It just smokes at a lower temp than ghee so be careful you don’t burn it)
- Himalayan pink salt
- 2 packed cups of living butter lettuce (but any type of lettuce you have will work)
- Your favorite Caesar salad dressing (dairy-free or otherwise) – for Whole30 I highly recommend this dressing
- Shaved parmesan cheese (optional – omit if Whole30/Paleo/Dairy-Free)
- 1 hard boiled egg, halved
- Take cast iron skillet and place ghee in the middle of it.
- Turn heat to medium and let ghee melt.
- Open up your chicken and sprinkle pink salt and turmeric on top so that each piece has a nice little covering.
- Flip chicken over into the pan and sprinkle pink salt and turmeric on the other side.
- Cover and let sit for approximately 6 minutes.
- Open and flip over – add additional ghee if pan looks dry.
- Cover and cook for an additional 6 minutes or until fully cooked (*chicken thighs may need less time).
- Prep your bowl with your lettuce and parmesan cheese (if using).
- Once chicken is done, slice and place on top of lettuce.
- Garnish with hard boiled egg and use as much or as little dressing as you choose
- Sprinkle pink salt over the top.
- Eat and enjoy immediately.