Ahi Tuna Tacos – a light and refreshing tuna tacos recipe with mango pineapple salsa! Healthy and delicious!
- 1 batch Mango Pineapple Salsa
- 1 inch thick tuna steak
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- white sesame seeds
- street taco tortillas
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges
- Combine Mango Pineapple Salsa ingredients together; set aside.
- Place tuna steak on plate.
- Sprinkle each side with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds per side.
- Pat seasoning into each side to make sure they stick.
- Take large cast iron skillet and add oil.
- Bring to medium-high heat.
- When oil just starts to smoke, place tuna steaks in skillet.
- Cook for 30-45 seconds per side (or up to 1 minute if you just barely want it rare in the middle).
- Remove and let rest on clean plate for 5 minutes.
- Cut tuna into bite-sized chucks.
- Take the street taco tortillas and add some salsa and pieces of tuna. Top with fresh cilantro and another squeeze of lime juice.
- Make ahead: feel free to make the salsa ahead of time and store in the refrigerator.
- Extra: you might have extra salsa, depending upon how many people you are serving – simply save the rest or serve with chips!
Keywords: ahi tuna tacos, tuna tacos