A garlic-stuffed burger that is easy to make and will become a family-favorite!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves (see Note)
- Lettuce to wrap in or make “burger” out of
- onion (raw or fry a thick slice in some ghee)
- Whole30 mayo
- Whole30 ketchup
- Combine ground beef, egg and salt and pepper in mixing bowl.
- Fully combine with clean hands.
- Make patties approx. 1/3 pounds each
- Place a garlic clove in the middle of each patty and then gently press down until the garlic is just below the beef.
- Using your hands, push the surrounding beef around the garlic clove so it is completely covered.
- Repeat with all patties.
- Patties should be between 1/2 and 3/4 inches thick.
- Preheat grill to 450/500, clean grates and apply nonstick spray or use a grill mat.
- Sear on direct high heat 2 minutes per side.
- Grill on indirect medium/high heat (400) until internal temp reaches desired doneness (145 – rare; 155 medium; 165 well done).
- Rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- After cooking the raw garlic clove is tender, but it definitely still has some spice to it. If you prefer, simmer your raw garlic clover in a little olive oil (or avocado oil) prior to stuffing your burger.
Keywords: garlic burger