Fennel Salad – a bright, light and refreshing fennel salad recipe with apples, fresh basil and cheese. Perfect side dish for any meal!
- 1–2 honeycrisp apples, diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 cup manchego cheese, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Approx. 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Combine apples and lemon juice in a small bowl; stir to coat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium salad bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, as-needed.
- Shaved fennel salad: if you prefer feel free to use shaved fennel instead of sliced.
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Making ahead: if you are making this ahead of time I would recommend adding the basil leaves right before serving so they are fresh.
- Add ins: if you want a bit more of a bite you can add in a little fresh red onion!
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 72
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 214.3 mg
- Fat: 4.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 7.2 mg
Keywords: fennel salad