A super easy asian salmon recipe that is PACKED with flavor! (Whole30/Paleo)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 Teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 Teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons freshly grated ginger (or ginger paste)
- 1/2 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon fish sauce
- Pinch of salt
- 4 4-6oz salmon fillets (skin on)
- olive oil
- Combine ingredients in small saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Bring pan to a medium high heat and let simmer, reducing heat as needed, for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towel.
- In a 12 inch cast iron skillet, drizzle some olive oil around the pan and then sprinkle some salt and pepper (helps keep the skin from sticking) in an even layer.
- Place salmon fillets, skin side down, in the skillet.
- Sprinkle the top of the salmon with additional salt and pepper to lightly season.
- Cook salmon over medium heat 6-8 minutes.
- While the salmon cooks, baste once with a little of the glaze (I suggest pouring about a Tablespoon or two in a little bowl to keep it separate).
- Use a fish spatula to carefully flip the salmon.
- Cook without moving the fillets until the center reaches 125 internal temp, about 6-8 minutes.
- While the salmon cooks skin-side up, baste with a little glaze again, especially if you feel the pan is getting a little dry. Take a basting brush and just brush a little glaze along the edges of the skin and the glaze will fall down and cook into the salmon.
- Transfer fillets to plates and spoon glaze on top, as much as desired, for serving.
- Serve with Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice and Braised Baby Bok Choy.
- If you are concerned with Whole30/Paleo check your ingredients on your orange juice concentrate and ensure there is no added sugar!
- The Glaze can also be used as a marinade. If you are marinating your salmon, place salmon in glass container or reusable bag with as much marinade that will allow salmon to be covered. Let sit for 15-30 minutes. Then cook salmon as desired and discard the marinade.
- You can also cook the salmon in the oven: place salmon skin down on a piece of parchment or foil; sprinkle each piece with a little salt and pepper; spoon a little glaze over each piece and then wrap in the foil or parchment; place on baking sheet and bake at 415 for approx. 20 minutes.; once salmon is fully cooked place each piece on plates and spoon additional glaze on top before serving.
Keywords: asian salmon, asian salmon recipe