A Whole30/Paleo version of baked spaghetti!!
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3–4 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 jar marinara sauce (approx. 16oz)
- 1–2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine all of the Meatball ingredients in medium mixing bowl and mix thoroughly (using your hands is usually the easiest).
- Take a heaping tablespoon of the ground beef mixture and use your hands to roll it into a meatball. Continue until all the meat is used (you should have around 20 meatballs).
- Place meatballs in medium-sized casserole dish, approximately 1/2 – 1 inch apart.
- Sprinkle the tops lightly with salt and pepper and cover with marinara sauce.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add spaghetti squash and stir to loosely combine.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast (optional).
- Place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
This is an easy meal to meal-prep: simply make the meatballs ahead of time (you could even just bake them without the sauce if you wanted) then place them in a casserole dish, along with the sauce (if you haven’t used it already) and reheat in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes (or until heated through). Then add the spaghetti squash for another 10 minutes.
Keywords: Baked Spaghetti Squash