A creamy and delicious dessert you’re guaranteed to love!
- 2 cups original Purely Elizabeth granola, crushed
- 2 cups dates, pitted
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 9 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup coconut milk, divided
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger or 2 Teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- Ensure granola is finely crushed in plastic bag.
- Take dates and place in food processor.
- Once dates create a spreadable consistency, place in medium mixing bowl.
- Add granola and simply combine with hands.
- Take 10-12inch springform pan and lightly spray bottom with non-stick.
- Place date/granola mixture inside and gently spread evenly throughout the pan.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to all it to harden.
- Bottom Filling:
- Place all cashews in blender and add, 4 Tablespoons lemon juice, 3/4 cup coconut milk, almond extract and the maple syrup.
- Blend until until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and add additional maple syrup, lemon or vanilla to taste.
- Pour out 2/3 of the mixture into the cake pan and smooth out the top to ensure it is flat.
- Place back into the freezer.
- Middle Filling:
- Add 1/4 cup coconut milk, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice and 1/2 cup fresh blueberries to the remaining cashew mixture and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove cake from freezer again and pour remaining cashew mixture on top, spreading evenly on top.
- Place back into freezer.
- Top Layer:
- In sauce pan, add 1 1/2 cup blackberries, 4 Tablespoons lemon juice, 2 Tablespoons chia seeds and the ginger.
- Bring to simmer, smash the blackberried and let reduce about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once it is cool, take cake out of the freezer again and pour blackberry mixture on top; smoothing out to ensure it is flat.
- Cover with foil and return to freezer, ensuring it sits flat.
- Place the remaining blackberries in the freezer and remove and place on top of cake when you are ready to serve.
- Cake should be served chilled and even slightly frozen.
- Otherwise, it will stay in the fridge for 2-3 days or in the freezer for 1-2 weeks.