A simple and delicious blueberry banana smoothie packed with nutrients!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 – 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 serving collagen or protein powder of your choice (optional)
- Handful of ice (optional, but I would recommend if your banana isn’t frozen)
- Combine ingredients in a high-powered blender.
- Blend on HIGH 1-2 minutes.
- Stop blending and scrape down sides, if needed, and continue blending until smooth.
- If too thick for your liking, add another splash of almond milk or filtered water.
- If not thick enough, add handful of ice and blend some more.
- Toppings: top with additional blueberries, your favorite granola, coconut flakes or cereal!
- What if I don’t have frozen blueberries or frozen bananas: the smoothie will still work without frozen blueberries or frozen bananas – just don’t expect it to be quite as thick. Adding a handful of frozen ice will help thicken it up more though!
- Can I add yogurt? Yes! Feel free to add a scoop of yogurt or too if you like! This will also thicken it up more.
- Meal Prep: feel free to prep this ahead of time by placing banana, blueberries, flax, and chia seeds in a freezer-safe storage bag the night before. Then add to your blender along with almond milk, almond butter, vanilla extract and any collagen/protein powder you like!
- Serving Size: this makes one large smoothie or two small smoothies
Keywords: blueberry banana smoothie