Broccoli Casserole – a delicious and easy side dish for any meal (but perfect for Thanksgiving or the Holidays) – a family favorite recipe!
- 6–8 cups broccoli florets
- 1 10oz can cream of mushroom soup (or homemade – see Notes)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese, divided (more if desired)
- 1 cup Ritz crackers, roughly crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add a steaming basket to a saucepan and fill the bottom with water. Add broccoli. Cover and bring to a boil. Steam until broccoli are very tender/soft – they should almost be falling apart. Drain.
- Add broccoli to an 11-inch oval dish (or comparable square baking pan) along with cream of mushroom soup, mayo and cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
- Cover with crushed crackers and drizzle melted butter on top.
- Place in the oven, middle rack and uncovered, for approx. 30 minutes or until nice and bubbly.
- Remove and let cool slightly before serving.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup: I like this one!
- Dairy-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup: we have a tried-and-true recipe for Dairy-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup if you want to sub that in.
- Mayo: feel free to use what you prefer – we do have a homemade mayo HERE!
- Dairy-Free: to make this dairy-free use a dairy-free cream of mushroom soup (like the one linked above), dairy-free cheese and vegan butter.
- Gluten-Free: to make this gluten-free use a gluten-free version of Ritz crackers (or something similar).
- Storage: store leftover in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: broccoli casserole