Grilled Broccoli, Red Onion and Portabella Mushroom Skewers – simple, healthy side dish that is perfect for grilling or the oven!
- 1 large red onion cut into quarters with layers separated
- 1 package whole portabella mushrooms, cleaned and cut in half
- 1 bundle of broccoli heads (about 3 heads) – cut out each individual broccoli spears
- 1/4 cup Tuscan Herb infused olive oil
- kosher salt
- 6–8 Wooden skewers
- Take a wooden skewer and carefully take a broccoli spear and push the pointed end of the skewer through the thickest part (hint: be careful). Go slowly otherwise you might crack the stalk in half completely.
- Then add the onion – take two layers of a quartered onion and push pointed end of skewer through it.
- Then do the same for the mushroom – take the halved mushroom, flat side down and push skewer through along the stalk and right under the head of the mushroom- go slow or you will crack the mushroom.
- Repeat this process until you have filled up all of your skewers.
- Heat grill to 500.
- Place skewers directly on grill and brush with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Close grill and let cook for approx. 2 minutes.
- Flip over skewers and brush with additional olive oil and salt.
- Close grill for an additional 2 minutes or until broccoli is starting to char nicely.
- Serve immediately.