A delicious dessert made with wholesome ingredients – whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, coconut butter, brown butter (yum) and LOTS of cherries!
- 4 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground coffee
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1–2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1 cup dehydrated/dried cherries
- 1–2 Tablespoons of water, as needed
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In skillet, brown butter (melt butter and then let simmer until it turns brown and gives off of slightly nutty smell).
- Pour into glass container and add coconut butter to allow it to melt.
- Place container in refrigerator to cool slightly.
- In medium bowl, combine whole wheat flour, salt, baking soda and coffee grounds.
- Mix well.
- Remove brown butter mixture from fridge and pour into stand mixer.
- Add coconut sugar, honey, vanilla, egg and egg white.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add dry ingredient mixture.
- Add water as needed to ensure mixture remains wet and you can mix everything together.
- Fold in chocolate and cherries.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in 9×13 baking pan and spray with non-stick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.