Buffalo Chicken Burgers – packed with flavor these burgers are a perfect weeknight dinner (and they make amazing leftovers!). GF + DF + Paleo + Whole30
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup celery, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce
- 1 tablespoon ghee, cold and cut into little chunks
- butter lettuce
- green onions, sliced
- Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce
- Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing
- Combine: Add ingredients to medium mixing bowl and mix to combine.
- Patties: Separate into 4 equal balls (putting a little oil on your hands helps a lot) and shape into patties.
- Refrigerate (optional): Place in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes to cool (this step is not required, but the patties will stay together better as you transfer them to the grill if you do this).
- Preheat: Preheat grill to 400-450 degrees.
- Prep Foil: Place a piece of foil on top of clean grill grates and spray generously with non-stick/avocado oil spray.
- Patties: Place patties on top of the foil and over direct heat.
- Cook: Cook for 5-7 minutes per side with cover closed or until the internal temp reaches 165.
- Remove: Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes.
- Serve: Serve with butter lettuce, sliced green onions, Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce and Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing.
- Transferring Patties: I used a small metal spatula to transfer the patties from the plate to the grill.
- Grilling on Foil: the second time I tested these I did the first 7 minutes on the foil and then the when I flipped them over I placed them on (very clean, oiled) grill grates over direct heat for the second 7 minutes. This resulted in some nice grill marks on one side of the patties.
- Prep Time: I did not include the optional refrigerator time in the recipe card prep time.
Keywords: Buffalo Chicken Burger