- 32oz chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 Teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro (another cup or so for garnish)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 Teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 cups baby bell mushrooms (slice the large ones, leave the smaller ones whole)
- 1 red jalapeno (sliced and added on for garnish if desired)
- 3 eggs, soft boiled
- 3 crispy chicken skins
- rice or ramen noodles, prepared per package instructions
- In large sauce pan, add chicken broth and water; bring to boil.
- Once boiling, add chicken thighs (with or without skin).
- Bring back to a boil and then let simmer, covered, for 2-3 hours.
- Remove chicken and set aside on plate.
- Add sesame oil, salt, garlic, cilantro, celery and lemon zest to broth.
- Stir well and let simmer for 15-20 minutes (or longer if you desire).
- When you are ready to serve, prepare your choice of noodles per package instructions.
- Take chicken and remove meat and have ready for serving.
- Place cooked noodles in large bowl, pour your desired amount of broth on top.
- Then add your desired amount of chicken meat, mushrooms, and additional cilantro or jalepeno (if you want to).
- Place a crispy chicken skin and a soft boiled egg on top immediately before serving.