Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bars – an easy, delicious zucchini bar recipe made simple, real ingredients! The perfect end of summer dessert!
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/8 cup ground flax
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup butter (regular or dairy-free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grate zucchini and squeeze out excess moisture, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, oats, flax, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add eggs to a stand mixer bowl and beat on medium for 30 seconds.
- Add melted butter to eggs along with vanilla extract and brown sugar.
- Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- While stand mixer is on low slowly add in the dry ingredients.
- Stop the stand mixer and gently fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a prepared 9×9 pan. Add any additional chocolate chips on top.
- Place in oven, middle rack, and bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place pan on a cooling rack – let cool 10-15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Grated Zucchini – measure zucchini before you squeeze out the water.
- Storage: store on the counter-top in an airtight container for a few days then move to the fridge.
Keywords: zucchini bars, chocolate chip zucchini bars