The perfect addition to your Sunday morning breakfast that is paleo and Whole30 compliant!
- 3 russet potatoes, washed and cubed
- 1 sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons ghee
- 2 Teaspoons salt, more to taste
- 2–3 Teaspoons ground black pepper
- compliant ketchup
- Heat large skillet to medium heat and add 1 Tablespoon of ghee and let it melt, swirling to coat the pan.
- Add 1/2 the onions and let reduce for 2 minutes, stirring fairly constantly.
- Add potatoes and stir to coat them in ghee. (I use a small spatula)
- Cook potatoes, stirring often, on medium for approximately 10 minutes, adding additional ghee as needed to ensure the potatoes don’t dry out or stick to the pan.
- Add remaining onion and 1 Teaspoon salt and 1 Teaspoon pepper.
- Mix to combine.
- Cook another 5 minutes and then start testing the potatoes for taste and firmness.
- Continue adding any additional ghee, as needed, to ensure the potatoes don’t dry out.
- Add additional salt and pepper as needed (I make mine very peppery, so I added 3 Teaspoons).
- Once the potatoes have reached your desired firmness, serve immediately with compliant ketchup.