A Whole30/paleo frittata perfect for any brunch menu!
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (incorporated)
- 3oz prosciutto
- 1 Tablespoon ghee
- 1 Tablespoon garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (any kind)
- 12 stalks of asparagus, divided
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add eggs and coconut milk to blender and blend for 1 minutes (or use immersion blender), set aside.
- Take half of the prosciutto and cut into small pieces.
- Add to hot cast iron skillet and let fat render, stirring fairly consistently.
- Add ghee and let melt.
- Add garlic and let cook on medium heat until it becomes fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Take half to the asparagus stalks and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Add green onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and the cut up asparagus.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes on medium heat, adding additional ghee if the pan becomes too dry.
- Pour eggs on top.
- Place the other 6 stalks of asparagus across the top of the eggs.
- Using a stiff spatula, scrape under the eggs quickly (just one time) to help ensure they don’t burn.
- Let cook on medium-low heat for approximately 5-8 minutes.
- Finish in oven for approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Check the frittata and it should look like it is just barely cooked all the way, if it is still runny in the middle, put it back in at 2-3 minute increments.
- Top with the rest of the prosciutto