A healthy and delicious weeknight dinner!
- 2 skin-on salmon fillets (about 6oz each)
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (light olive oil will work as well)
- 3–4 Tablespoons olive oil
- approx. 15 brussel sprouts (cut off stem, remove outer most leaves and cut in half)
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into very small, bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- Take salmon and place between two pieces of paper towel and pat firmly to dry.
- Allow salmon to sit and dry with a sprinkling of kosher salt rubbed into it for 30 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, place broccoli in medium bowl and drizzle with approx. 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Massage the broccoli with your (clean) hands to ensure oil has really soaked in.
- Add Brussel sprouts and cabbage to the same bowl.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil (enough to ensure everything is well coated) and sprinkle with 1/2 Tablespoon kosher salt (additional to taste).
- Pour vegetables on to foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place under broiler for 6-8 minutes to allow everything to char slightly, check halfway and toss.
- After broiling, set oven at 400 and move to middle rack.
- Roast for about 15-20 minutes; checking periodically to toss.
- Meanwhile, mix together 2 Tablespoons pepper and 2 Tablespoons kosher salt and rub all over the salmon fillets (skin side too!).
- In large cast iron skillet, bring avocado oil to medium high heat and then reduce to medium.
- Add salmon, one at a time, skin side down and then press firmly in place for 10 seconds to ensure skin is completely flat.
- Continue cooking, pressing down occasionally to ensure good contact with heat, for 7-10 minutes.
- Once you can lift the salmon with no resistance and salmon reaches 130 degrees (for medium) flip over.
- Cook on meat side for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until it reaches desired doneness.
- Check on vegetables, if you haven’t already and if they aren’t as charred as you would like, broil again for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add additional salt to vegetables, as desired.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: Crispy Pan-Seared Salmon