Crock Pot BBQ Chicken – an easy, go-to recipe for easy weeknights. Serve in tacos, as a sandwich or just eat plain with some coleslaw!
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cup bbq sauce, divided
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot.
- Pour 1 cup bbq sauce over top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8 hours.
- Once chicken is done cooking, shred with two forks. The sauce will be thinned out due to the heat, but as it cools and you mix the shredded chicken around it will thicken back up.
- Add the additional 1/2 cup bbq sauce (or more if you want); stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
- BBQ Sauces: You can use any of your favorite BBQ sauces – we love this one or this one!
- Paleo/Whole30: If you are concerned with Paleo/Whole30 we recommend this BBQ sauce – so good!
- Serving Suggestions: There are SO many ways! It is so versatile! You can make it a sandwich on a bun, put it in a taco, in a wrap, on a salad, or just plain on a plate with some easy coleslaw.
- Storage: leftover BBQ chicken can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Keywords: slow cooker bbq chicken, crock pot bbq chicken