Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe – an easy and delicious weeknight dinner you can set and forget! Use it to make a rice bowl, enchiladas, tacos, etc.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice (approximately 3–4 limes)
- the zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2–3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (only use if cooking on LOW)
- 1/2 – 1 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Combine lime juice, salt, olive oil, and lime zest in small bowl; stir to combine.
- Add chicken broth to mixture only if cooking on LOW; if you are cooking on HIGH you do not need it.
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour lime juice mixture over chicken and add garlic.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 1/2 – 4 hours or on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, shred with two forks and return to slow cooker. Add as much cilantro as you desire and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Lime flavor: If you want the lime flavor to be more intense feel free to add additional lime zest or lime juice.
- Serving suggestions: cauliflower rice (Whole30 + Paleo), regular rice, tacos, salad or enchiladas.
- Storage: any chicken leftovers can go in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: crockpot cilantro lime chicken, cilantro lime chicken