Crock Pot Jerk Chicken – an easy and delicious crock pot jerk chicken recipe. Serve over coconut rice or cauliflower rice! Meal-Prep friendly!
- 3 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon crushed rosemary
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/4 tablespoons kosher salt*
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less, to taste)
- Combine Jerk Mixture, above, in medium bowl.
- Add olive oil and mix thoroughly.
- Place chicken in medium bowl and pour Jerk Mixture on top.
- Mix to allow Jerk Mixture to coat the chicken.
- Pour chicken broth into bottom of the pan.
- Place 4 slices of lime on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place chicken on top and ensure to use spatula to get all of the Jerk Mixture into the crockpot as well.
- Add bay leaves to the crockpot and cover.
- Cook on HIGH 3 hours or on LOW 6 hours.
- Shred chicken when done and return to slow cooker to mix together with any remaining juices/seasoning. Serve and enjoy!
- Whole30/Paleo Serving: serve over cilantro lime rice with pickled onions, avocado, mango and cilantro.
- Regular Serving: serve over cilantro lime rice or coconut rice with pickled onions, avocado, mango and cilantro. Or serve a taco!
- *Salt: make sure you are using kosher salt and not sea salt or table salt. Also, if you feel you are sensitive to salt, feel free to reduce it by half. I have gotten some feedback that it is too salty, while others think it is perfect so do what works best for you!
- Storage: keep in the refrigerator, covered for up to 5 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Keywords: crock pot jerk chicken, slow cooker jerk chicken