The perfect weeknight dinner that is quick, easy, delicious and Whole30 compliant!
- 3 Teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 Tablespoon crushed rosemary
- 2 Teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon smoked garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon paprika
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less, to taste)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 lime, sliced
- Extras: cauliflower rice, tortillas (optional if not concerned with Whole30), extra lime, avocado, cilantro, jalepeno (optional), mango (optional)
- Combine Jerk Mixture, above, in medium bowl.
- Add olive oil and mix thoroughly.
- Place chicken in medium bowl and pour Jerk Mixture on top.
- Mix to allow Jerk Mixture to coat the chicken.
- Place 4 slices of lime on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place chicken on top and ensure to use spatula to get all of the Jerk Mixture into the crockpot as well.
- Cook on high 3 hours or on low 6 hours.
- Shred when done.
- Serve over cauliflower rice with avocado, cilantro, lime and mango (optional).
- Or serve as a taco with the same toppings.
- keep in the refrigerator, covered for up to 5 days.
- freeze for up to 3 months.
- serve with Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
Keywords: crock pot jerk chicken, slow cooker jerk chicken