Crockpot Taco Meat – the easiest way to make your taco meat! Just set it and forget it! Easily freezable and the flavor is perfect!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 batches homemade taco seasoning*
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (optional)*
- Add ingredients to slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours or on HIGH 3-4 hours.
- Drain off excess grease.
- Stir and add any additional seasoning, tomato sauce or salsa, as desired.
- Taco Seasoning: of course, feel free to use any taco seasoning you want! We also love this store-bought one!
- Tomato Sauce: If tomato sauce in your taco meat isn’t your thing, you can omit this and it will still turn out just fine.
- Lean Taco Meat: You can use any kind of ground beef you want, but we recommend using a leaner ground beef so there is less grease to drain off at the end.
- Storage: leftovers can be kept in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the fridge.
- Freezing: cooked taco meat can be kept in the freezer for up to 6 months! This could be a small amount of leftovers or an entire batch to be used at a later date.
Keywords: crockpot taco meat, slow cooker taco meat