Curried Cauliflower Soup – a spicy and oh-so-satisfying plant-based meal! (Vegan, Dairy-Free, Whole30 and Paleo-Friendly)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 yams, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 celery, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cups red onion, diced
- 1/2 -1/3 cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 pint mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon garlic chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon siracha
- 1 Teaspoon fresh ginger
- 4 Tablespoons Thai Kitchen green curry paste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups Califia Farms Go Coconut milk
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice.
- Cilantro for garnish
- In large stock pot or dutch oven add olive oil and bring to medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add onion and celery and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sweet potato and carrots, cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add curry paste, garlic chili sauce, siracha, fresh ginger, and turmeric.
- Mix to fully coat ingredients.
- Add coconut milk and vegetable broth.
- Stir to combine and bring to simmer.
- Add mushrooms, cauliflower and lime juice.
- Stir and let simmer 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms have cooked down and cauliflower is cooked, but still quite firm.
- Taste and add additional salt, as needed.
- Serve and garnish with plenty of cilantro.
- be careful not to over-cook the cauliflower! It doesn’t take very long to cook – no one likes mushy cauliflower!
- adapted from Fit Foodie Finds Golden Curried Chicken Soup
Keywords: sweet potato, cauliflower, red onion, curry, soup, stew, mushrooms