A perfectly sweet afternoon treat! (Paleo/Vegan/Dairy-Free)
- 1 Chai Tea teabag or other brand of your choice
- 8 oz boiling hot water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2–3 Tablespoons real maple syrup
- Let teabag steep in hot water, per package directions.
- In small saucepan, add almond milk and bring to a simmer, moving it around constantly so it doesn’t burn.
- Slowly pour in maple syrup, only 2 Tablespoons at first, whisking fairly constantly, until the maple syrup has fully combined.
- Taste to ensure it is quite sweet (the sweetness will be diluted when the tea is added).
- If it isn’t very sweet, add another Tablespoon of maple syrup and test again (continue until it is sweet).
- Add chai tea to almond milk mixture and ensure the temperature is hot.
- Pour into travel mug or coffee mug and enjoy immediately.
- Feel free to garnish with cinnamon or put a dollop of whipped coconut cream!
- Feel free to sub other nut milks – I have used oat milk and cashew milk and both work perfectly.
Keywords: chai tea latte recipe, chai tea latte, healthy chai tea latte