Dairy-Free Lasagna is a delicious comfort food that is plant-based, dairy-free and gluten-free friendly!
- 3/4 cup raw cashews (soak in water overnight or soak in boiling hot water for 20–30 minutes, drain before use)
- 1 block firm, organic tofu
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Califia Farms Unsweetened Better Half Creamer
- 2 cups marinara sauce (your favorite store-bought kind works, but I used this recipe)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 cups diced zucchini (approximately 2 medium zucchini)
- (2) 10oz packages frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups of your favorite dairy-free mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350; spray 9×13 baking pan with olive oil and set aside.
- Add cashews, Califia Farms Unsweetened Better Half Creamer and 1/3 of the tofu block to a high powered blender. Blend on high until cashews are broken down and smooth (scrape down the sides intermittently as you do this).
- Add lemon juice, the remaining tofu, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast and blend on low until fully combined and smooth. Taste and add additional salt or lemon juice, as desired. Pour into medium mixing bowl.
- Defrost spinach and ensure all excess water has been removed. Feel free to use a cheesecloth or something similar to squeeze as much of the water out as possible.
- Add spinach to dairy-free ricotta and stir to fully combine.
- While spinach is defrosting, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a Tablespoon of olive oil and then add lasagna noodles. Allow to cook until noodles are approximately halfway cooked and then remove and set on a kitchen towel. They will finish cooking in the oven.
- To assemble the lasagna take your 9×13 pan and add just enough marinara to barely cover the bottom of the pan. Add your lasagna noodles so they are just slightly overlapping. Then add 1/2 the dairy-free ricotta cheese, spreading out with the back of a spoon. Add half the chopped zucchini and half the tomatoes and then spoon 1/2 cup of marinara over top.
- Repeat with another layer of noodles, ricotta, zucchini, tomatoes and marinara.
- For the final layer add your noodles and 1 1/2 cups of marinara, spreading all over the noodles.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until it starts to bubble and the noodles start to brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with your favorite dairy-free mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven and watch carefully; remove from oven as soon as cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly, 10 minutes, and then serve and enjoy!
- Feel free to use gluten-free pasta if you want!
- You can make this the night before and keep in refrigerator overnight.
- You can freeze this lasagna for 3-5 months. To cook simply remove from freezer the night before and allow it to thaw in refrigerator before cooking.
Keywords: dairy free lasagna, vegan lasagna recipe, dairy free ricotta, vegan ricotta