Chocolate Sorbet – an easy, delicious chocolate sorbet recipe that is perfect for hot summer nights! Naturally dairy-free!
- 2 1/2 cup water; divided
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coffee grounds
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1/8 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 oz bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (I used 70% dark chocolate)
- 1/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- In large saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water and agave syrup to a boil.
- Slowly add in cocoa powder, whisking constantly while you are adding it, until it is smooth.
- Reduce heat to low and cook mixture at a simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture is syrupy.
- Put chopped chocolate into a mixing bowl and add about a half of the warm mixture from the saucepan, whisking until the chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add remaining mixture from sauce pan and whisk again until smooth.
- Add additional 1 cup of water, salt, coffee, vanilla extract and sugar.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Blend for 15 seconds.
- Place in fridge and let fully chill.
- Follow your ice cream maker’s instructions from there OR if you do not have an ice cream maker, you can blend it again once you take it out of the fridge and then put it in your freezer overnight to let it freeze.
- The next day, you will have chocolate sorbet waiting for you.
- adapted from David Lebovitz’s Chocolate Sorbet recipe in The Perfect Scoop