Delicious Grilled Eggplant Bruschetta – A light and delicious appetizer or small plate! Perfect for summer!
- 8 Roma tomatoes; de-seeded and diced
- Approx. 30 yellow cherry tomatoes; quartered and de-seeded
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tablespoons + 1 Teaspoon high quality olive oil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- 2–3 medium/small eggplant cut lengthwise approximately 1/2 inch thick
- Combine Roma tomatoes, yellow cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, and salt in large bowl.
- Mix well and taste to determine if you want any additional garlic, basil or salt.
- I would recommend letting the mixture to sit for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Take sliced eggplant and sprinkle salt on each side.
- Place in a colander and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Take a towel or paper towel and press each piece of eggplant to release excess water.
- Grill eggplant on high (approx. 450 degrees) for 3 minutes a side.
- Serve eggplant immediately with tomato mixture on top.
- (optional: if you want to drizzle some balsamic glaze or vinaigrette on top go for it; just check ingredients if you are Whole30)
Keywords: eggplant bruschetta