Easy to make and incredibly healthy, these energy bites taste like a little bite of gooey brownie dough and can be rolled in either matcha, coconut, cocoa or maca powder!
- 5 medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter (I used Justin’s Maple Almond Butter)
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon coconut butter
- 3–4 Teaspoons almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon pure cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 Teaspoon maca powder
- 2 Teaspoons ground flax meal
- 1/4–1/2 cup ground walnuts or almond meal (I used 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (with or without diary – optional)
- Powders to roll energy balls in:
- matcha powder
- maca powder
- Add dates, almond butter, coconut butter and almond milk to food process and process for a minute or two, until everything is a peanut-butter consistency.
- Add chia seeds, maca powder, cocoa powder and flax.
- Process again until everything is mixed well.
- Remove from food processor and scoop in medium mixing bowl.
- Add walnuts to food processor and blend until they are in the form of a meal.
- Pour walnuts or almond meal into mixing bowl and use spoon to combine.
- Take small ice cream scoop and scoop about 1 Tablespoon at a time into your hand and then roll in either matcha powder, maca powder, coconut or cocoa powder.
- Let sit in fridge for 20 minutes to let set.