Easy Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – it will become a Sunday morning staple!
- 1 3/4 cup mashed bananas (about 3 large)
- 1 egg, beaten (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups paleo flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour)
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons ghee, melted
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup semi-sweet/dairy-free chocolate chips (you decide how chocolate-y you want them!)
- Optional: have an extra banana that is ripe to garnish the top
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease 9 x 5 x 3 inch loach pan; set aside.
- Measure mashed bananas into a medium bowl.
- Add beaten egg; mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture.
- Mix in chocolate chips; stir to combine.
- Mix in melted ghee.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Optional: take extra banana and carefully cut a think strip and place on the top of the loaf; gently pressing down into the dough with the palm of your hand.
- Bake 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let rest 5 minutes in the pan; carefully use spatula to loosen sides and then carefully turn out onto a wire rack to cool.