How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds – these are a MUST every year while carving pumpkins with the family! So simple and so many variations!
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- kosher salt (approximately 1-2 tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place pumpkin seeds in colander and rinse thoroughly with water, trying to get all the pumpkin off of them.
- Drain as much as possible and then pour onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Try and spread out so they seeds aren’t on top of each other too much and you have one nice layer. If you do a lot of seeds you may need a second baking sheet.
- Sprinkle generously with salt (really up to you how salty you want them!).
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Taste (carefully they are hot!). If they don’t feel crunchy enough for your liking cook for additional 5 minute increments until they reach your desired “crunch” level!
- Storage: Store on the counter-top in a covered container for several days.
- Mix it up: Feel free to experiment with this base recipe by adding: curry powder, chili powder, turmeric, garlic powder, chipotle powder or any other seasonings you like! Get creative!
Keywords: how long to roast pumpkin seeds, roasted pumpkin seeds, how to make roasted pumpkin seeds