Easy Steak Salad – a seriously delicious steak salad recipe (perfect for grilled steak) and topped with blueberries and blue cheese!
- (2) 1-inch thick New York Strips, Ribeye or Filet Mignon steaks
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
Homemade Balsamic Dressing (optional – feel free to use any balsamic dressing):
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon almond milk
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 cups packed spring mix lettuce
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Follow our directions here for How to Grill Steak.
- Once steak has been grilled let it rest for 5 minutes and then cut into cubes (or strips).
Homemade Balsamic Dressing:
- Combine ingredients in small mixing bowl (or small mason jar).
- Whisk or shake well to combine.
- Divide lettuce, blue cheese, blueberries, walnuts and dried cranberries between four bowls.
- Once your steak has rested, cut into slices or cubes and divide between bowls.
- Serve with balsamic vinaigrette (or just a thick balsamic vinegar).
- How much steak per person: a serving a steak is generally around 3-4oz.
- Best kind of steak for salad: honestly you can’t go wrong, but I would say a NY Strip or a Filet Mignon would be my favorite for a steak salad.
- Non-Grilling Option: Feel free to cook your steak however you want! You can even just use some leftovers you have in the fridge! But pan-frying your steak would work great too!
- Balsamic Vinaigrette: We have a great Balsamic Vinaigrette on the blog that we are linking to here and that is include in the recipe card, but here is a great store-bought one from a little tiny store in Minnesota I love!
- Salad Add-Ins: avocado or red onion would also be really good here!
Keywords: steak salad, steak salad recipe