Easy Steak Salad – a seriously delicious steak salad recipe (perfect for grilled steak) and topped with blueberries and blue cheese!
- (2) 1-inch thick New York Strips, Ribeye or Filet Mignon steaks
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
The Dressing (optional):
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 cups packed spring mix lettuce
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- (optional) Marinate your steak first using our Steak Marinade.
- Clean grill and turn grill temperature up to High Heat (450-550 degrees F).
- If you opted not to marinate your steaks, sprinkle them with salt and pepper on both sides and set aside until grilling is hot.
- Place steaks over direct heat and close grill. Let sear for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip steaks, keeping them over direct heat, and close the lid. Let cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Open grill and take internal temperature of the steaks by sticking an internal meat thermometer into the side of the steak. If steak hasn’t reached your desired internal temperature (see Notes) then move steak to indirect heat (I usually just turn off my middle burner and move the steaks there) until they do reach your desired temperature.
- Once steak has been grilled let it rest for 5 minutes and then cut into cubes (or strips).
The Dressing (optional):
- Combine ingredients in small mixing bowl (or small mason jar).
- Whisk or shake well to combine.
- Divide lettuce, blue cheese, blueberries, walnuts and dried cranberries between four bowls.
- Once your steak has rested, cut into slices or cubes and divide between bowls.
- Serve with balsamic vinaigrette (or just a thick balsamic vinegar).
- Internal Temperature: Rare: 120-130; Medium – Rare: 130-140; Medium: 140-145; Medium-Well: 145-155; Well: 160.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette: sometimes I actually just use a balsamic glaze instead of a balsamic vinaigrette.
- How much steak per person: a serving a steak is generally around 3-4oz.
- Best kind of steak for salad: honestly you can’t go wrong, but I would say a NY Strip or a Filet Mignon would be my favorite for a steak salad.
- Non-Grilling Option: Feel free to cook your steak however you want! You can even just use some leftovers you have in the fridge! But pan-frying your steak would work great too!
- Salad Add-Ins: avocado or red onion would also be really good here! You could also swap out the blue cheese for feta cheese if you want!
Keywords: steak salad, steak salad recipe