The easiest way to cook sweet potatoes is definitely in your Instant Pot! (Recipe is for a 6qt Instant Pot Duo)
- 3–4 medium sweet potatoes (see Notes for size recommendations)
- 1 cup water
- Add 1 cup water to the bottom of your 6qt Instant Pot Duo.
- Place trivet inside.
- Wash potatoes thoroughly and place inside.
- Close lid.
- Ensure Instant Pot is set to Seal.
- Cook on High Pressure and manually set for 18-23 minutes (18 minutes for potatoes closer to 6 inches in circumference and 23 minutes for potatoes closer to 8 inches in circumference).
- Allow Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes and then manually release remaining pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- I am defining a medium sweet potato as being approximately 6-8 inches in circumference.
- If you are potatoes thicker than 8 inches in circumference you will need to increase cooking time OR you can simply cut them in half and then I would recommend cooking for 18 minutes.
I don’t recommend using huge sweet potatoes. It might result in an over-done outside layer and a not-done center. The sweet potatoes I used were approximately 8-10 ounces or 6-8 inches around. If you are using very large sweet potatoes I would recommend cutting them in half and then reducing the cook time by several minutes.
Keywords: easy sweet potatoes, instant pot sweet potatoes, baked sweet potatoes