Seafood Fettuccine – A light, savory seafood pasta that is perfect for any special occasion (dairy-free)!
- 1 box high quality fettuccine or pappardelle (feel free to use gluten free – I like the Jovial brand)
- 1 pound mussels
- 1/2 pound clams
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2–3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup very loosely packed chopped, fresh parsley
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- kosher salt, to taste (I added approximately 1 Teaspoon)
- Prepare, clean and soak mussels and clams.
- In large pot, boil water and begin cooking pasta – set timer to ensure you are notified when it is cooked al dente.
- In separate, deep saute pan, add olive oil, shallots and garlic.
- Let the shallots and garlic cook about 2 minutes on high while stirring constantly.
- Add white wine, lemon juice and parsley; stir.
- Add clams and cover while mixture simmers, for 3 minutes.
- Check pasta.
- Remove cover quickly and add mussels, bay scallops and tomato.
- Cover again for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove cover, stir and add a dash of kosher salt, to taste.
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes to ensure scallops are fully cooked.
- If you haven’t already, strain pasta when cooked al dente and return to same pot and immediately add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil (feel free to use ghee if you want/prefer); toss to coat.
- Add seafood mixture with all broth to pot of pasta and toss well.
- Serve immediately with warm French bread, if desired.
Keywords: seafood pasta, white wine sauce, dairy free seafood pasta, fettuccine