A simple and delicious culinary technique that leaves you with the most savory garlic and beautifully infused olive oil!
- 1 cup rendered chicken fat or olive oil
- 2 heads of garlic, with cloves peeled
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2–4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Place rendered chicken fat or olive oil into small saucepan.
- Add whole garlic cloves, salt and thyme.
- Let simmer, covered, approx. 1 hour or until garlic becomes browned.
- Add additional salt to taste.
- Store in airtight glass container in fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Use garlic and/or leftover olive oil or chicken fat for cooking as well.
- (second option is to add olive oil/chicken fat, garlic cloves, salt and thyme to oven-proof pan and place in oven at 250 for 2-2.5 hours).