Gluten-Free Cornbread– a tried and true gluten-free + dairy-free cornbread recipe! Perfect for Thanksgiving or a cozy bowl of chili!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dairy-Free “Buttermilk”: Combine unsweetened almond milk and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Dry Ingredients: In medium mixing bowl combine dry ingredients: cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthum gum, coconut sugar and salt.
- Wet Ingredients: In a medium mixing bowl combine wet ingredients: melted butter, honey, eggs and the almond milk mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Combine: Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Prepare Pan: Spray a 8×8 or 9×9 pan with olive oil. Pour mixture inside.
- Bake: Bake for 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool: Let cool, 10-15 minutes.
- Serve: we love serving this with our Slow Cooker Chili and Seven Layer Salad!
- Almond Milk Substitutions: You should be able to substitute any non-dairy milk for this.
- Vegan Butter: if you don’t have an issue with dairy, feel free to use regular butter.
- Storage: Store on the countertop, covered, for 1-2 days. If it isn’t consumed by then move it to the refrigerator. There aren’t any preservatives in this (yay!) so it will only last so long out.
Keywords: gluten-free cornbread, gluten free cornbread