The ultimate comfort food that is paleo and gluten-free!
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- (2) 6oz cans tomato paste (and 4 cans of water)
- 1 14.5oz can petite diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Bob’s Red Mill coconut sugar
- 2 Teaspoons + 1/4 Teaspoon kosher salt
- Take ground beef and form approx. 22-26 meatballs (depending upon how big you make them).
- Place in skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook, covered, on medium heat turning periodically until cooked thoroughly.
- Only drain off some of the grease, ensuring there is approx. 1/4 cup or more remaining in the skillet.
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients listed under Tomato Sauce above and mix thoroughly.
- Add tomato sauce to skillet and use a wooden spoon to scrape off all of the meat from the bottom of the pan.
- Continue to simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes mixing every so often.
- Combine all Dumpling ingredients listed above – you will want to mix well for a minute or two; the Paleo Flour takes a little while to absorb some of the moisture.
- Take large spoon and drop 1/4 cup sized dumplings on top of the meatballs; continue until all of the dough is used up.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with parsley for garnish.
- I have only ever tested this recipe with Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Flour
- When you add the tomato sauce the remaining grease may stay separated a bit, that is okay! It all gets mixed in and soaked up by the dumplings!
- Remember to really give the dough a good mixing with a spoon. In the original recipe, it doesn’t take long to mix the dough together, but remember that this is paleo flour! It is going to take a minute or so for it to really soak up the almond milk and oil! If you feel like the texture is too wet, simply add some additional paleo flour one Tablespoon at a time! And if you feel it isn’t wet enough, add additional almond milk 1 Tablespoon at a time.
- Here is the almond milk I always use in the recipe!
Keywords: beef, paleo flour, tomato sauce