Gluten Free Pie Crust – your go-to gluten-free pie crust recipe for all your fruit pies in the summer and holiday pies in the winter!
- Combine: Add flour, salt, baking powder and xantham gum to medium mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Cut: Add butter and cut into the flour mixture with a fork.
- Combine: Add egg whites and almond milk to small bowl. Whisk for 30 seconds.
- Pour: Slowly pour egg white mixture into flour mixture, mixing as you go.
- Mix: Fully mix together. Mixture will be sticky and wet, but use your hands to form it into a ball and it should calm down. If dough still seems extra wet, add additional flour 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Roll Out: Place a ball in between two sheets of wax paper and roll out to desired size. For pie crust roll out until dough is approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Peel: Peel off the top layer of wax paper and then carefully flip over onto your pie plate making sure the pie plate is centered. Peel of the remaining wax paper.
- Form to Pan: Gently help the dough fall down, pressing as needed, to mold the dough into the pie plate. Crimp the rim with your fingers so the edges are all even.
- Baking (Option 1): Poke holes in the bottom with a fork and line with a piece of parchment. Place dried beans or pie weights in the center and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove parchment and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pie Recipe (Option 2): Use in your regular pie recipe (such as this one).
- Flour Substitution: I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour in testing (extensively) this recipe so I can’t speak to whether other gf flours would work or not.
- Measured Butter: I did not melt the dairy-free butter when measuring, I simply packed it down as best I could into the measuring cup.
- Wet Dough: Yes, the dough is more on the wet side (on purpose) through testing it seems to crumble less and be more pliable when it was more moist. If you get a patch of wet dough simply add a teaspoon of flour to the area and rub in.
- Pie Pan Size: Use a 10 inch pie pan
Keywords: gluten free pie crust, dairy free pie crust