Greek Chicken Salad (Chopped) – this light and refreshing chopped greek chicken salad recipe is perfect for summer!
- 2–4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled (regular or dairy-free)
- 1/3 cup red onions, diced (or sliced)
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1–2 cups english cucumber, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 3–4 tablespoons Greek Vinaigrette
- 4–6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- Combine salt and pepper in small bowl
- Place chicken breasts on plate and sprinkle both sides with a generous amount of the salt and pepper mix.
- Heat grill to medium heat (approximately 400 degrees).
- Place chicken on direct heat (direct flame) and cook at medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Move chicken away from the direct heat (direct flame) so that it is cooking on indirect heat (maintaining the same grill temp) and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes (you don’t need to flip during this point because the chicken will cook as if it is in an oven) or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reads 160 on your meat thermometer.
- Remove from grill and let rest at least 5 minutes (the chicken will continue to cook during this time and the internal temp will continue to rise up to 10 additional degrees).
- Slice or cut into cubes.
- Add chopped romaine lettuce to large bowl.
- Add feta, onions, kalamata olives, bell pepper, cucumber and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with Greek Vinaigrette and toss.
- Add in chicken and toss again.
- Divide between 4-6 bowls.
- Storage: this salad stores best before everything is mixed together and especially before the dressing is added. If you want to make it the day before, store the chicken, greek salad, lettuce and dressing separately so ingredients don’t get mushy.
- Dairy-free: to make this recipe dairy-free simply use a dairy-free feta cheese.
- Chicken Marinade: If you want to take your grilled chicken to the next level try out this Best Chicken Marinade!
- Serve with: I highly recommend serving with some grilled bread!
- Chicken thighs: you can also use chicken thighs if you prefer – here is a tutorial on how to grill chicken thighs (boneless or bone-in).
Keywords: greek chicken salad, chopped greek chicken salad