Green Chicken Curry with Basil and Jasmine Rice – an absolutely delicious, tried-and-true recipe that will become a family favorite!
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 14 oz chicken broth (1 can)
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- Approx. 28 oz coconut milk (2 cans)
- 8 oz green curry paste (2 jars)
- 1 can bamboo shoots
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 russet potato
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 1 1/2 inch chunks and then quartered
- 2 teaspoons ground curry powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup (loosely) fresh basil
- Fill pot with water and bring to boil.
- Cut chicken into bit-sized chunks and add to boiling water.
- Boil for approx 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Bring wok to medium heat and add olive oil and garlic; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, chicken broth, curry paste, curry powder and cumin; stir and let simmer for approx 5 minutes.
- Add chicken when fully cooked as well as bamboo shoots and basil.
- At this point, you can let the mixture simmer on low up until 15 minutes before you want to serve. 15 minutes before you do want to serve, add potatoes, carrots and onions and boil until cooked but still firm.
- Serve on jasmine rice and garnished with fresh basil.