Grilled Buffalo Chicken – add some extra flavor to your grilled chicken recipe! So easy + perfect for salads and wraps!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Place chicken breasts on plate. Pat dry and sprinkle both sides with a generous amount of the kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Place chicken in a bowl and pour buffalo sauce over top; mix to fully coat the chicken. Let sit 15-30 minutes.
- Ensure grill grates are clean and rub with olive oil or your favorite non-stick.
- Heat grill to medium heat (approximately 400-450 degrees F).
- Place chicken on direct heat (over direct flame) and cook at medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Move chicken away from the direct heat (direct flame) so that it is cooking on indirect heat (maintaining the same grill temp) and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes (you don’t need to flip during this point because the chicken will cook as if it is in an oven) or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reads 160 on your meat thermometer.
- Remove from grill and let rest at least 5 minutes (the chicken will continue to cook during this time and the internal temp will continue to rise up 5 additional degrees).
- Chicken is safe to eat when it reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees (at thickest part of the breast).
- We love cutting it up and using it in our Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Salads!
- Buffalo Sauce: we love the Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce or our homemade buffalo sauce! But feel free to use whatever works best for you.
- Serving: we love using this chicken in our Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Salad or our Buffalo Chicken Wraps!
- Storage: store leftover cooked chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: grilled buffalo chicken