Grilled Corn on the Cob in Husk – A quick and easy tutorial on how to grill your corn on the cob with the husk on!
- 4 ears of corn on the cob
- Prep Corn: Fill your sink with cold water (or bucket – anything that will fit the corn). Take the corn, one piece at a time, and peel down the husk. Do not rip it off, but rather pull it down so the corn is fully exposed. Then remove the silk (the stringy bits under the husk) and discard. Pull the husk back up so it is covering the corn again (it’s okay if the corn isn’t fully covered, as long as most of it is). Repeat with remaining corn pieces.
- Soak corn: Place corn in water and let soak for 1-2 hours.
- Grilling Corn: Preheat grill to 450-500 degrees F. Remove corn from water allowing excess water to drain off. Place corn over direct heat (directly over flame) for 12-15 minutes, rotating 2-3 times. Remove from grill and serve immediately with ghee (butter) and salt.
- Removing Silk: not necessary before you grill, but recommended. We don’t like dealing with peeling all the strings off the cob when the corn is hot.
- Soaking: Don’t skip the soaking! Not only will the corn/husks soak up some of that moisture, but it will also help prevent the husks and corn from burning.
- When to butter your corn: butter and salt can be added to the corn before grilling or after, that is personal preference!
- Lower temp: If you are grilling at a lower grill temp you may need to increase the cooking time to around 20 minutes or so!
Keywords: how to grill corn on the cob in husk, grilling corn in husk, grilled corn on the cob in husks